With a total of around 620 pupils, West Buckland School is the highest performing co-educational day and boarding school in the South West peninsula and a Top 40 UK Independent co-ed boarding school.
Set in 90 acres of idyllic North Devon countryside, our mission is to offer every child a truly all-round education. 20 minutes from Woolacombe beach – one of the closest surfing beaches to London! Mental and physical well-being are very important to us and we make the most of our stunning location to ensure our pupils have access to fresh air, space and exercise.
It is shortlisted for Boarding School of the Year – in the TES Independent School Awards 2019.
- Brian Aldiss (1925–2017), author of science fiction and general fiction
- John Ashworth (born 1940), former Director of the London School of Economics
- R. F. Delderfield (1912–1972), playwright and novelist. His book To Serve Them All My Days was set at a school based on West Buckland School.
- Jonathan Edwards (born 1966), triple jump world record holder, Olympic Games gold medalist and presenter
- Harold Gimblett (1914–1978), former Somerset and England cricket player
- Bertie Hill (1927–2005), equestrian, Olympic Games gold medalist
- Harold Hilton (1869–1942), golf, won The Open Championship twice and member of the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Harry Packer (1868-1946), former Newport and Wales rugby player, who managed the British Isles team on their 1924 tour of South Africa
- Steve Ojomoh (born 1970), former Bath and England rugby player
- Craig and Jamie Overton (twins, born 1994), current Somerset and England Lions cricket players
- Victor Ubogu (born 1964), former Bath and England rugby player
- Tim Wonnacott (born 1953), antiques expert and television presenter
- George Friend, English professional footballer
- General Satyawant Mallanna Shrinagesh (1903-1977), Chief of the Defence Staff Indian Army, Governor of Assam
- Claudia Huckle, British operatic contralto